teh early forums

myke
    Green
    Green

Male Number of posts : 663
    Registration date : 2008-04-30

teh early forums

Post by myke on Tue May 13, 2008 5:16 pm

The first forums were more just a gathering of cavemen than an organized body of discussion. These proto-forums were not very remarkable in that they mainly consisted of vague grunts, coughs and ugh's (and the occasional sneeze).

And they remained that way until the first languages were developed. Finally people could communicate their thoughts and opinions with more than just vague looks and noisy bodily functions. Alas, these new, verbal forums would remain as dull as ever, as participants lacked the intelligence to generate a debate more complex than:
    - Gronk: "Me like beef."
    - Krunk: "Me like pork."
    - Gronk: "Me hate Krunk."
    - Krunk: "Gronk love men."
    - Gronk: "Me kill Krunk!"
    forums needed more than words to flourish. They needed culture. They needed sophistication. In a word, they needed a civilized society (OK,thats two words). And that need was eventually filled by the Roman Empire. Suspect The Romans erected the world's largest and most famous forum in the center of the great city of Rome. This forum soon became the focal point of the ancient world. It was by no means perfect: misinformation and utter lies flowed as freely as honest debate. But the Forum grew despite all odds. It was this growth, however, which led to the Forum's demise: in 476 AD, a disagreement with the Vandals to the north led to a foreign invasion and the eventual burning of Rome (the first "flamewar"). scratch
    Flame Wars are (sumthin 4 n00b lik u wudn't understand.) a modern interpretative dance version of the 1977 science fiction classic Star Wars, only with arsonists seeing who is best or will make the school footy team.
    Those involved all scramble to be the internet's Alpha Male (or the Alpha PMS Biatch).
    Flame Wars will generally start at the slightest provocation or often none at all (Who U callin a ghey fagz) (there are also recorded cases of instant combustion starting from double posting), and usually involve fire. 894 Flame War victims were hospitalized for burns in 2004. Last year (I didz ur m0m), Flame Wars (sometimes written "Flamewars", depending on laziness) destroyed 3.2 million square miles of farmland, according to a certain copyrighted bear with a hat (also ghey) who reminds us that only WE can prevent flame wars.
    Razz
    ha...... i'm fire retarded retardent
    Bretteo
    Site Owner
    Site Owner

Male Number of posts : 1017
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Re: teh early forums

Post by Bretteo on Tue May 13, 2008 7:12 pm

Laughing nice post mikey-d cant wait to see more Very Happy

U need to do the msn chat one again Wink
    DeTekT